Monday 20 October 2014

My First Blog!

Hey Guys! As it says in my description I am a second year student in History, and It is intense this year as I am going all out history with four different history modules!. 2 of those modules are core modules, which are early modern England which is taught by the programme leader Sandra Dunster. 

The second core module is global exploration which is a brand new module for the department and being the first to be taught this module, all I can say is that the module is AMAZING!. You learn about empire, trade as well as using some interesting primary sources you get to know about the real experience of ships and encounters.


The third module I am doing is not a core but it is a history based module which is Colonial Encounters, this is similar to Global exploration and links in hand to hand with the module; however within this, it is more about the dark bits of trade as well as the trade encounters that occurred. And this is taught by Christopher Ware.

The forth module I am doing is War, culture and memory. A history programme would not be a history programme without a module of war. This is based upon the First World War and the Second World War and how it is remembered in popular culture and memory.


With the obvious coursework pressures and exams I also have chances to relax with seminars and field trips!! The course is taking us to several trips this year and also one to France and Belgium.



So that’s it for now... Byeee!


No comments:

Post a Comment